Soul 2 Sole Dance has an expanded schedule to enhance the quality classes already offered at the studio. These new classes are unique — fun, and a welcome addition to all dance disciplines — from pre-school to pre-professional you will find what you are looking for.
- 10-12 Classes: Hip-Hop, Jazz Technique, all for young folks 10-12. Read the Descriptions
- Acro: Learn elements of acrobatic dance, focusing on flexibility, strength, balance, limbering, tumbling, and more. Class emphasis is geared towards developing technique required to perform balances, tumbling and partner/group tricks on stage to enhance a complete dance routine.
- Commercial Dance: A strong and upbeat dance style involving elements of street and jazz. Different genres of dance will be covered and students will learn styles shown in music videos, concerts, and TV/Movies.
- Break Dance/Pop Lock: A street based dance that incorporates intricate body movements, coordination, style, acrobatics, and aesthetics.
- Latin/Salsa: Be introduced to the rhythm and timing of the music, as well as technique in leading and following. Learn basic footwork, dance positions and connections between partners. No dance experience is required.
- Partnering: Learn the basic elements of partnering, exploring various tools of partnering such as listening skills, moving through space simultaneously, non-contact partnering, spatial interweaving, levels of contact, opposition, and full lifting. This class is by Director approval only.
- Improv/Composition: Begin the journey of the dancer finding their own choreographic voice and style. Learn to generate and manipulate movement through exercises and improvisation, skills which will be expanded into shaping dances. Areas to be explored include elements of movement, musical structures, narrative, partnering and site specific work.